Mar 28, 2007

So it Begins

I had never lived outside my home for too long. Till about class 12th the maximum I had stayed out of home at night was 12.30 on a Janmashtami as we had put a Jhanki and went to donate the proceeds to near by Mandir. I was alien to having a gang per say, very homely if you want.

I came to the hostel knowing nothing about whats in store. My father got me a room and a room mate, who turned out to be the highest ranker of our hostel batch :P. my wing had 12 people from entirely different back grounds and regions of the country. Everyone had something different to tell, well almost everyone. Getting to know each other was fun apart from being imperative to save our asses from getting kicked. Although that plan quite literally went to waste, but more on that maybe on some other post. I have always been a little slow at developing relationships and was taking my time here too. The first person I got to know was Tarun Pangti (read: no comments). But slowly I got to know others as well.

One evening when we were back from classes we got our first taste of the years to come. Power cut # 1. We didn’t know what to do, we started roaming around in the wings, could barely see each others faces in the fading sunlight. In the wing next to ours there were a few though who probably knew what could be done. Venky’s room was surrounded by around 15 people at the least, with Venky sitting in a chair with his guitar in his hands. I hadn’t heard too many English songs then, but these guys had. But they started with one of the most famous songs of those times – summer of 69. I didn’t know the lyrics so I used to wait till the famous lines were being sung. That’s exactly when it struck me that I am in for some really great time; it was the beginning of a lifetime.

3 comments:

anonymous coward said...

welcome to the club! my experience of coming to the hostel was pretty much similar being the "homely" type too :)

Atish said...

finally a post !!
gud one but thoda aur lamba chahiye :D

Shreyas said...

fk yaar pls dont say it in a public forum ki aur lamba chahiye...aaa aaa aaaa